Recognizing the past.
Respecting our future.
Welcome to The New West.
We're taking building in an entirely new direction. Conservation, reclamation, renewable energy, site sensitivity and efficient practices are just some of what you'll find working with us.
So, come on in -
let us show you.
...we think you'll like
what you see.
• Energy efficient heating and cooling
• High performance building envelopes, insulation and glazing
• Source reclaimed, recyclable and reusable materials
• Minimize construction site waste streams and recycle/reuse materials
• Healthy indoor air quality
• Low or no VOC building materials
• Economizing space / material usage
• Solar and photovoltaic systems
• Integrating structural aspects as part of the final finish
• LEED certification available for projects
Mark Arnold founded New West Builders in 1997. He has lived in Steamboat Springs for 15 years and in Colorado for 25 years. He graduated Kalamazoo College in 1982 with a BA. He began his building career in Aspen in the early '80s, working in high-end commercial and residential construction.
Having gathered a great deal of experience in mountain architecture and building, he moved from Aspen to Denver and worked in Boulder and surrounding communities. Taking advantage of the growing housing market, he specialized in quality construction and fine-tuned his attention to detail he is known for working for one of Boulder's oldest builder/developers.
Mark now leads his own quality and craft-driven core group of carpenters that bring a combined 100+ years of experience to every job. "We work on one to two projects a year," Mark states. "We strive to deliver a high level of client service. Concentrating our talents on a fewer number of projects allows us to maintain this level of commitment."